Governance of MISTAS
The organization of MISTAS will have the following hierarchical set up.
- MISTAS Council
- Board of Trustees
- Executive Committee
- Management Committee
- Other Committees which may be formed from time to time by the Board of Trustees
MISTAS council shall comprise all registered general members and Life members of MISTAS. Registered General members and life members are eligible to vote at any election by MISTAS.
Board of Trustees
- This group, the BOARD OF TRUSTEES (BOT), is a body of Min 20 and Max 35 Trustees.
- The duration of the tenure of members of the Board of Trustees shall be three (03) years.
- 11 Trustees will be the elected bodies by voting among the MISTAS Council which will be the Executive committee.
- 03 Trustees will come from the previous Executive Committee or ad-hoc committee (Based on Seniority by designation) if anyone of them expresses their interest for board of trustee position in written to President. If none of previous committee expresses interest, vacant will not be filled up during the Tenure of Board of Trustee.
- 12 Trustees will come from nomination of each department of MIST with following criteria:
- Separate selection or election or poll criteria might be used by departments to provide maximum 03 nominations to the Executive Committee.
- Only one from three nominated persons will be selected from each department, determined by Executive committee.
- If there is any vacant seat from any department, the vacant will be filled by granting nominations of other departments determined by the Executive committee.
- If MIST increases the departments, number of trustee will increase likewise.
- Max 02 trustees from a department can serve in the Board.
- Alumni from CE, CSE, EECE, ME, AE department will get priority for Second Trustee sequentially for a vacant seat of other department.
- 05 Trustees will come from permanent faculty of MIST who are nominated by the MIST Authority with following criteria:
- These 05 trustees must be Life member of MIST
- Each Trustee must be from separate departments.
- If there is any vacant seat due of unavailability of permanent faculty in the time of forming board of trustee, the seats will remain vacant for the tenure of the board.
- Faculty from CE, CSE, EECE, ME, AE department will get priority sequentially for the position initially
- If total candidates or nominations exceed the allocated trustee seats, the selection of 05 Trustees from the nominations will be determined by the Executive Committee.
- Board of trustees will form Management Committee and Department Executive Committee among themselves along with any active Members of MISTAS Council.
- To be eligible for a nominee for a position in the Board of Trustee other than Executive Committee, minimum requirement is Life Membership and Age 25 years according to his/her Birth Certificate on the date of election.
Executive Committee (EC)
- The Executive Committee (EC) of the Board shall comprise the 11 Trustees, with their specific designations, as indicated in this Clause. The tenure of the Executive Committee members shall be the same as their tenure as Trustees. The Executive Committee shall be responsible to carry out all activities of MISTAS for the Board of Trustees and shall meet at the call of the President.
- EC consists of President, Vice President (3), Secretary General, Joint Secretary (3), Treasurer & Member (2)
- To be eligible for a nominee for a position in the Executive Committee, minimum requirement is Life Membership and Age 27 years according to his/her Birth Certificate on the date of election.
- If any post of EC is vacant, Board of Trustees may fulfill the post by electing or appointing a person among the valid members except the current President which shall be filled up in the next general meeting (AGM).
- The Management Committee, upon appointment or selection by board of trustees among themselves along with active council members of MISTAS, consists of:
Chairman, Head (Public Relations), Head (Publications), Head (Academic Activities), Head (Discipline and Ethics), Head (Entrepreneurship & Leadership Developt), Head (Career Develop), Head (Membership Developt), Head (Awards and Grants), Head (MIST Student Organization Support), Head (IT),Head (Reunion and Sponsorship), Head (Humanitarian Activities), Head (Records and Documentation), Head (Professional Organization Affiliation, National), Head (Professional Organization Affiliation, International), Head (Dept Executive Committee Management), Head (Finance), Head (Accounts), Head (Outreach)
- Eligibility to be appointed for a position in Management Committee, minimum requirement is registered general member other than board of trustees.
- Board of trustees will reserve the right to appoint themselves along with active council members in different responsible positions in Management Committee. Management Committee will hold the office for a term not exceeding 03 (Three) years. One can’t be in a management committee position more than 02 terms.
Department Executive Committee
- DEC consists of: Coordinator , Additional Coordinator , Sub Coordinator (Records and Documentation) , Sub Coordinator (Public Relation) , Sub Coordinator (Professional Organization Affiliation, National) , Sub Coordinator (Professional Organization Affiliation, International), Sub Coordinator (Academic Activities) , Sub Coordinator (Entrepreneurship and Leadership Development), Sub Coordinator (Career Awareness Development)