MIST Alumni Society respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, we recommend not to use our Services. By accessing or using MIST Alumni Society’s Services, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. You will be provided notice of this change, and continuing to use the Services after receiving notice will constitute acceptance of the changes.
Information We Collect:
MIST Alumni Society collects several types of information. Such information is utilized in providing an efficient and effective experience to all users. When we provide the Services to you, your data is stored on our computers and servers. In some cases, the data may be accessible to people involved with the operation of the site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies, lawyer firm) appointed, as necessary, as Data Processors by us. MIST Alumni Society collects the following information:
- Personal Information, which includes information through which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal addresses, email addresses, IP address, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, companies you may be associated with, education, employment history, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of MIST Alumni Society (“Personal Information”).
- Non-Personal Information, which includes information that alone cannot be used to identify or contact you. Such Non-Personal Information may include, but is not limited to; browser information and details; operating system information; mobile device information; pages accessed; times of visit; and referring websites, applications, or services, including the relevant search queries that led you to our Services (“Non-Personal Information”). We use this information in an aggregate fashion to track access to mistas.org.At no time do we disclose site usage by individual IP addresses. Web server logs are retained on a temporary basis and then deleted from our systems.
Collectively, Personal Information and Non-Personal Information shall be referred to as “Information.”
Method of Collecting Information
MIST Alumni Society collects Information in two ways:
- Information you provide directly;
- Information we receive from your use of our Services.
Information is collected when you:
- Send MIST Alumni Society any electronic communication (including via email or any other application);
- Create a user account;
- Connect other online accounts with your MIST Alumni Society account, such as Facebook or LinkedIn;
- Submit online applications and forms to MIST Alumni Society;
- Subscribe to our newsletters.
How We Use Your Information
We use Information collected about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to:
- Provide Services to you;
- Track and analyze your use of our Services;
- Provide customer support, including support to our vendors or partners;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about MIST Alumni Society, our merchants and our partners, such as news, offers and coupons, announcements, and other relevant materials;
- Send you reminders, notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, or marketing materials;
- Administer any promotional activities or events sponsored by us;
- Manage our everyday business needs, such as website administration, fulfillment of orders, analytics, fraud detection and prevention, compliance with the law or reporting obligation, or enforcement of our Terms of Service; and
- Directory information including name, degree, address, phone, email and employment details may be included in printed alumni directories. Alumni may request to be excluded from directories.
- Aggregate anonymous data from our Services used to benchmark, analyze, and improve our website and relevant
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our service providers, which provide services for us including but not limited to sending emails on our behalf, processing payments, providing analytics services and helping us provide services as requested by users. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect Personal Information and are only allowed to use Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them. We do NOT share, sell, rent, or trade Personal Information with third parties for their own promotional purposes, and we will only share Personal Information as outlined herein or with your consent.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information: (1) To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; (2) To enforce or apply our Terms of Services and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and (3) If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of MIST Alumni Society, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Areas of mistas.orgwhere personal information is displayed or can be entered are password-protected to allow access by registered users only. These areas include the online directory, personal profile, account management and registration for alumni events.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You have the right to know whether your Personal Information has been stored and can consult with MIST Alumni Society about any Personal Information to verify the accuracy of such Information. You have the right to have the Information supplemented, erased, updated or corrected. For its transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, requests should be sent to us by email at [email protected]. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services, conduct our internal operations, and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. All Information will also be retained and used, as necessary, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The alumnihave the right to know the financial activities done by MISTAS. And for that, he/she can contact directly with the concern person of MIST Alumni Society or email at [email protected].
- Safeguarding information of the users is important to MIST Alumni Society. We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical steps to maintain accuracy of information and to protect information from loss, unauthorized use or alteration.
- MIST Alumni Society DOES NOT intend to store information related to Mobile banking password or PIN, credit/debit card, OTP. The information that are asked during any payment is the sole requirement of the online portal to debit the amount from the payee’s account.
- If payee’s mobile/wallet is lost and any further payment has been made to MISTAS using those lost credit/debit card then MISTAS is not liable to refund that payment.
Children’s Personal Information
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Information about yourself to us. Parents and legal guardians are encouraged to monitor the activities of their wards in this regard. If we learn that we have collected Information from a child under age 18, we will delete that Information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 18 may have provided us Information, please contact us at [email protected].
Revisions to This Privacy Statement
The effective date of this Policy is April 15, 2020.